Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

17.1.11

Scrappy Skinny Scarf



I have a tub filled to the rim with scraps. They are to big to throw away and yet to small to make something on their own.  I save them because I know I'll find a use for them. I use them for appliques mostly.  I have challenged myself  to get creative and use up some of those scraps. When I was looking through the tub I found a few fabrics that had the same color schemes so I got them out. I grabbed a couple other fabrics with some bright colors and got to work.

 Cut the fabrics into strips 2.5" wide and various lengths.

Sew all the pieces together. No certain order I just grabbed and sewed.

Iron all the seams in the same direction.

Cut a strip of fabric 2.5" wide and the length of the other (scrappy) piece that you sewed together.
Put right sides together and sew. Leave an opening for turning.

Iron. Make sure to tuck in the raw edges from the opening.

Top stitch 1/8" from edge. That will stitch the opening from turning closed.



 I liked the scarf I made Aiyanna so much I decided to make myself one.

 
I made mine 3.5" wide instead of 2.5"


11 comments:

Seamingly Smitten said...

What a great way to empty that scrap bin! I love it and it looks precious on your little girl and trendy on you!

Karena said...

Cute beyond!! What a great idea!!

Come and join my gorgeous giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jill said...

Great idea for your scraps! I've got the same - overflowing boxes, and have decided this year I must try to use some of them up!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

laundryontheline said...

I also have a bulging scrap bin (or two....) I love this idea, they look great on both of you!

Deanna said...

That's so CUTE!! I have a scrap bag that could use some help. Keep up the cute ideas.

Meg said...

That is the "happiest" scarf I've ever seen! So cute!

DANA said...

If you haven't already, I would love for you to come link up at my linky party and have the chance to be the Best of the Best for January!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-like-you-mean-it.html

Chris said...

What a great way to use up all those fun scraps. Thanks for the how-to!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

ah those scarfs are sooo cute!! If you have a chance please come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings!!

Life with the Lebedas said...

Thats really cute! Love it and love the colors you chose!

Thanks for linking up to Craftify It Thursday!
Jennifer

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

These are just lovely!!! Fun material you used also! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!! Can't wait to see your next project!!!