Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

23.2.11

Blessed


Tonight I feel so blessed!!!
Tragedy is all around us. Everywhere. All the time.
 It can strike in the blink of an eye.
I just read a blog post about a family that just lost their 4 month old baby. She was healthy, never was sick. She just stopped breathing. I can't even imagine how that Momma feels. It is uncomprehendable!!! It is soooo tragic. I cried and cried as I read about that little baby girl. My heart is overwhelmed with saddness for this family. At the same time I feel soooo blessed.

I have God....
 and my wonderful husband...
and these 2 sweet kids.

I feel guilty for being frustrated with my kids today.
I feel guilty for thinking "I wish Dakota would just stop talking for 5 minutes".
I feel guilty for thinking "What is Aiyanna whinning about now?"
I feel guilty for thinking "I need a break."
They could be gone in the blink of an eye. And I would miss all of the things that frustrated me today.
I am so thankful that I have my kids here and healthy!!!
So grateful to get to be a Stay At Home Mommy!. I remeber when I was a working Mommy and felt like I didn't get to spend much time with them. Now I get to spend all day with them.
Sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am!

Now please excuse me while I go give my kids extra hugs and kisses!


3 comments:

Andreja said...

Thank you for this. It is true, we sometimes really forget to be thankful..

Deanna said...

Hug those babies! Sometimes we get to feeling sorry for ourself because of financial stress, but then we hear about people with real problems and know for sure that we would never change places with anyone. Grace of god, this is my life.

Milk & Cookie Party said...

So very well said. We've had flu/strep here and I have to remember that it's so minor compared to kids fighting the big diseases and I'm grateful. A heart of gratitude makes us much better mothers.