Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

28.2.11

Make A Difference Monday {1}

Welcome to Make A Difference Monday!
 
Today I want to tell you about a baby girl who needs our help. When I read about her need HERE I knew right away I wanted to help!  I hope you will help too!!!
Photobucket
 This is Lily. On March 22nd this sweet baby girl will undergo open heart surgery.
How can you help? 
I'm glad you asked!!!  For 7 weeks she will not be able to lift her arms. She will only be able to wear kimono style tops which can be easily removed. Lily's Mom is unable to find them in stores.

Will you join me and make a kimono top for sweet lily? Tutorial ******
They are hoping to get 14 made for her so her Mom doesn't have to worry about doing laundry during the stay in the hospital.

Although she is almost 10 months old, she only wears size 3 to 6 months in clothes

Her measurements are:
Chest: 17 in
Waist: 16 1/4 in
Hip to feet: 12 1/4 in

If you are able to help, please mail your kimono(s) here as soon as possible.

For Lily
417 Brazil Drive
Hurst, TX. 76054

What makes this even more special is that once Lily is done wearing these after her heart surgery, her Momma will be paying them forward to another family facing the same procedure.  Not only will you be helping Lily, but other babies as well! 

There is also a Flicker pool set up to share photos of the kimonos made for Lily.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1638241@N21/
Be sure to add the ones you make to it!
I can't wait to see the kimono's that Lily recieves!!!!

***Kimono Top Tutorial and Pattern***

12 comments:

Seams Inspired said...

What a wonderful way to start your Make A Difference Mondays, Nancy!

I'll be searching my patterns for a kimono top today, as well as checking back with you. Happy Monday! :o)

Eva Marie Harp said...

Awesome post and I am on it!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for continuing the Sewing for Lilly project Nancy! Her mom Britni was so excited when she read about your nightgowns for Lilly! Everyone be aware..she is really tiny! So if you can try and go off the measurements that will be a lot closer than some of the pattern sizing. There is one really cute pattern on the web called Betty Kingston wrap, that runs REALLY big. Thanks for your help Nancy and everyone else willing to help this sweet family!

Shelley said...

I love it!! You inspire me!! Now I need to learn to sew :)
Shelley

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

BTW here is my blog about Lilly too!

http://sewingorsomething.blogspot.com/2011/02/sewing-for-lilly.html

Angel said...

Thank you so much for blogging this too. I just added my first one to the flickr pool too.

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I'd love to help--I will probably be late (always!) because I need a new serger and am purchasing it in the next few days. I will blog about this, too, as soon as I get one made. I'll be linking back to you. Thanks!

Kat said...

I blogged about cute little Lilly and Im making some kimonos!! I pray and hope for her :)

http://craftymomma2.blogspot.com/2011/03/kimonos-for-lilly.html

Barbara said...

Do you think crocheted kimonos would be OK?

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

Barbara I don't see why they wouldn't? As long as the sizing is right. I think that would be an adorable twist!

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

Just saw all your kimonos! You are an awesome blessing!!

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

Also here is Lilly's mom's blog. She hadn't updated in a while but now you can keep up with what is happening!
http://lillysheart.blogspot.com/