Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Loading...

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

23.2.11

A Solution


Sometimes when I make a quick trip to the store, just to get a couple things, I don't like to lug my purse in.
I would rather just take my phone, keys, and money.  But trying to hold 2 kids hands and my stuff makes it impossible to not carry my purse.  I finally made the perfect solution to my problem.....
A Mini Wristlet.
Now I can just throw my phone, keys, and money in here and slip it on my wrist.
I can carry the things I need and still hold the kids hands. Perfect solution. 
 

You know you need one! 
 All you need is 2 fat quarters, fusible interfacing and a 7" zipper.

Cut 4 rectangles 8" x 5" from the fat quarters. These will be the outside and lining of the wristlet.
Also cut 2 rectangle 8" x 5" from the interfacing.
For the strap cut a rectangle 3.5" x 16" from the fabric and the interfacing.

Iron the interfacing to the outside fabric and the strap.

Fold the strap in half and iron.

Open up the strap and fold each side to the middle crease as pictured.

Here's what it will look like.

Now top stitch down each side 1/8" from the edge.

Grab one of your outside fabrics and lay the zipper on top of it. Right sides together. Stitch.

Now lay the lining fabric on top of it. Right sides facing. Stitch.

Flip the fabrics so wrong sides are facing and top stitch close to the edge.

Repeat on the other side of the zipper and this is what you should have now.

Fold the strap in half and baste about 1/2" down from the zipper.

Fold the fabrics back out so outside fabrics are facing and lining fabrics are facing.  Stitch. Make sure to leave an opening on the lining side to turn right side out.
** Before you stitch open up the zipper otherwise it will be hard to unzip**

Turn right side out and stitch the lining opening closed.

Now go make a bunch of these.  They would be great to slip some money or a gift card in for a gift.
I think they would be great for new Mommies too!  They can put their stuff in it and slip it inside the diaper bag. 

Hope you are having a wonderful week!!!

1 comments:

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Nancy I LOVE this! I have seen them all over and have to get on the bandwagon. I love these colors and your tutorial is great!!