Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

1.3.11

Happy Craft Month!!!!


Did you know that March is National Craft Month?
So in March I am going to craft or sew (sewing is a craft, right?) something everyday for an entire month.
Or maybe I should say I am going to attempt that :o)
I've finished day 1 so I'm off to a good start, right?!
Here is my project for today!

  Some pretty spring colored korker bows.

I tried making korker bows one other time and it just didn't work.  I was taught to keep trying until you get it. So I decided to give it another try (a year later). This time it went perfect.  I have no idea how it got all messed up last time.  These have to be the simplest bows to make....EVER!

If you want to make some for your favorite little girl you can just Google "korker bow tutorial"  There are tons of tutorials for them. They are basically all the same.  The only real difference is the oven temperature and how long to "bake" the ribbon.

 They seem to slip out of Aiyanna's hair so I made them non-slip.
It's super simple and cheap.

I bought this non-slip shelf liner at dollar tree.

I cut 2 pieces of the shelf liner big enough to cover the inside of an alligator clip.


Grab the bow and put some hot glue on the top inside of the alligator clip.


Lay the non-slip strip on top of the glue and push it down.  Be careful not to burn yourself!!!


Put glue on the inside bottom of the alligator clip and add the other non-slip strip.
Now they will stay put. YAY!!!


***BEWARE***
These bows are so easy they are addicting.   I am seeing many more bows in the near future!  I just need to make a ribbon run first!


4 comments:

Lei said...

I did not know that! Go you!

Its Sew For You said...

Great idea for the non-stick! I'd seen actual stuff to buy before, but this is so much cheaper! love it!

I'd love if you'd post up at my party:
http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/fabric-wall-art.html

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Avery loves "curlies" as she calls these. I always buy them because it is quick, but this makes me think twice about buying them!!

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

What a great idea! I can never get those darn bows to stay in my girls' hair. Thanks for a great tip!